Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ride Buddy

 Zach and Bri take on the Coshocton County Fair
Zach's and Bri's age difference did not happen unplanned. We wanted another baby after Zach and we were blessed with the news another baby was on the way only a couple months before his first birthday. They are only days short of 19 months apart. They literally are growing up together. Once shortly after having Bri I heard someone said "She has 2 under the age of 2" and put that way it sounded awful and kind of scary! However it is anything but that. Sure they fight just as all siblings do, that is unavoidable. But they are each other's ride buddy. They are on this ride we call life together, they have a buddy no matter what.

Denny and I beamed with pride as we watched Zach and Bri conquer each ride together at our county fair this week. How rewarding to watch them mature and grow. For sometime we have wanted another baby to add to our Fink Family, but as I watched my two cutie pies on the rides together I couldn't help but think how great we have it right now. Where would a third baby fit now? They would be a good 3 years or more younger than their other siblings. They wouldn't have a ride buddy :-( So now (for the moment being) I am happy to say I'm completely happy with our family of four. If God someday blesses this Fink Family with one more child I will be thrilled! However, I'm satisfied if my little ride buddies are it, their is no empty void in our live's. Besides if I spend my time wanting and waiting for another blessing from above, I will miss out on my ride with the two beautiful blessings I've already been given.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! My sister Monica is 13 months younger than me. I miss her! We grew up together, she was and is my best friend! So glad your babes each have a "ride" buddy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete